[hobbit] Process ID Tracking.

Haertig, David F (Dave) haertig at avaya.com
Tue Jan 29 18:24:45 CET 2008

You could write a custom script to do this easily (you'd need to
remember state, but that's easy).  I'm not aware of any built-in Hobbit
check that would do this however.  Maybe somebody else knows.

Other things to consider trying (using standard Hobbit stuff):

When the process restarts, does it do anything in a logfile?  i.e.,
could you have Hobbit search for a restart text message in a logfile?
Is the logfile deleted and recreated at restart?  You could have Hobbit
check the timestamp on the logfile possibly.  When the process restarts,
does it write it's PID to a file?  Check the timestamp of that PID file.