SNMPTRAPD

Joshua Krause forums at triadbiz.rr.com
Fri Jan 25 21:33:23 CET 2008

I had a question about catching traps using SNMPTRAPD.  I am wondering if
there is a way to not send unknown traps to hobbit at all.  Kinda let them
fall by the waist side so that hobbit doesn't even display a clear icon.
The reason I am trying to do this is because sometimes I receive a
legitimate trap and then another trap comes behind it that might be not as
detailed in explaining what is wrong and turns the trap green or yellow
instead of red.  So I wanted to remove these entries out of the snmptt conf
for that device and then it would be an unknown trap and hopefully be able
to not display it at all.

Any Ideas?

Josh