DESCR values from bb-hosts showing up in non-green view in snapshot

Tom Georgoulias tomg at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Thu Jan 24 16:37:03 CET 2008

Went live an hour ago with a hobbit 4.3 snapshot on my prod network.
Wish me luck!  ;)  For reference I'm using the snapshot I downloaded on
1/23/08 and is listed as version 4.3.0-0.20080103.

I did see one issue that I didn't catch in testing: systems listed the
non-green view which have a DESCR tag in their bb-hosts entry are
displayed using both the hostname and DESCR

For example, a server that used to look like this:

host1.example.com

now shows up like this:

host1.example.com (Dell server)

Obviously this is a cosmetic thing and not a big priority, but I wanted
to report it nonetheless.

I'm still poking around to see what else needs attention and will share
any other findings.

Tom