[hobbit] allinone and other patch on Debian?

Calvey, Mike mike.calvey at anite.com
Wed Jan 23 12:25:46 CET 2008

I have searched and searched and cannot find the Debian Hobbit .dsc
source package on Sourceforge
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=128058) or any
other site.

Looking at the http://packages.debian.org/etch-backports/hobbit page
there are the following source files

    * [hobbit_4.2.0.dfsg-7~bpo40+1.dsc]
    * [hobbit_4.2.0.dfsg.orig.tar.gz]
    * [hobbit_4.2.0.dfsg-7~bpo40+1.diff.gz]

The [hobbit_4.2.0.dfsg-7~bpo40+1.dsc] file on this page looks like a
dpkg control file but it is not the same as the control file in the
Debian31-hobbit_4.2.0-1_i386.deb package I have if I do a ar -x
Debian31-hobbit_4.2.0-1_i386.deb.

What is the [hobbit_4.2.0.dfsg-7~bpo40+1.diff.gz] file for?

If I download the [hobbit_4.2.0.dfsg.orig.tar.gz] file, unpack and
untar, I can patch it with the allinone.patch and also apply the
hobbit-perl-client.patch (for Oracle monitoring - which is what I am
trying to do) but cannot build the package with dpkg -b hobbit-4.2.0 as
it does not have the dpkg control files etc.

Anyone know where I get a source I can patch without having to rebuild
all the control files etc?