[hobbit] generating a page with the same graph type but from different hosts

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Jan 16 10:59:49 CET 2008

On Tuesday 15 January 2008 18:19:19 Szymon Bakowski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if that would be possible using Hobbit, to generate a
> page with only one particular graph (for example CPU) across all
> servers available on the particular page. It would look like "trends"
> but not for particular server with different types of graphs but one
> particular type of graphs across many servers available on a
> particular sub page.
>
> Do I need prepare my own sort of page/template or it is somehow
> possible to define through bb-hosts file (can`t find it in
> documentation).

IMHO, just:
1)View the relevant graph for one of the servers (the page with multiple
graphs over different time periods)
2)Add more host names in the URL, separated by commas
3)Bookmark this URL, or put it in some relevant place people can access it.

I find the "Metrics Report" less useful, as it doesn't update, as the
multi-host graphs accessed with the mechanism above do when hitting refresh
in the browser.

Regards,
Buchan