[hobbit] hosts wildcards in clients-local.cfg

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 10 16:40:42 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 12:34:12PM +0000, Szymon.Bakowski at ladbrokes.co.uk wrote:
> Just wanted to ask a quick question (went through the archive, but haven't
> found an answer for my question):
>
> Is it possible to use host wildcards in clients-local.cfg file ? They do
> work for me for example in hobbit-clients.cfg but it seems that I can not
> make it work in clients-local.cfg. In hobbit-clients.cfg I am using for
> example as follows:
>
> HOST=%www..\.foo\.com
>
> but it doesn't work in clients-local.cfg.

No, you cannot.

The way around this is to use host "classes". The default class for a
host is the name of the operating system - that's why the "[linux]" and
"[hpux]" etc. sections work. You can change the class of a host either
by configuring it with the CLASS:classname setting in bb-hosts, or by
specifying the class on the client when you start the Hobbit client.

It is a bit annoying that you cannot use regexp's in client-local.cfg.
Might be something I change.