[hobbit] Hobbit downtime stats

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jan 3 10:22:04 CET 2008

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 04:23:04PM +0900, Everett, Vernon wrote:
> While on the subject of feature wishlists, how about this one?
>
> We have servers with file systems on them that are completely user-land.
> The OS and related stuff is all our responsibility, and we look after
> it, but the apps file systems are looked after by the users.
> If it fills up and the apps choke, it's not our issue.
> If the OS chokes, it becomes our problem.

[wants alerts to go to different people, depending on what filesystem is
 filling up]

You do that with the GROUP setting. In hobbit-clients.cfg, configure the
thresholds for the disks with a GROUP setting:

   HOST=appserver
      DISK /apps/vol1 80 90 GROUP=userfiles

Then in hobbit-alerts.cfg you use the GROUP value to direct alerts:

   GROUP=userfiles
   	MAIL some.user at domain.com

You can of course combine the GROUP setting in hobbit-alerts.cfg with
other criteria, e.g.

   GROUP=userfiles
        MAIL host1.user at domain.com HOST=appserver1
        MAIL host2.user at domain.com HOST=appserver2