[hobbit] ipmi digestion script w/ graph?

Benjamin P. August baugust at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 29 05:31:46 CET 2008

Call me crazy (and no offense to the maintainer of Devmon), but I
thought it'd be easier to get a value straight from the ESM via IPMI
on the client and pass it to the server through the usual Hobbit
channels rather than deal with OMSA, SNMP (which I find to be a
misnomer), and Devmon. Not to mention the firewall rules I'd have to
add for SNMP, which adds a couple layers of bureaucracy to the whole
thing.

There was a BB script on deadcat, but it doesn't do what I want, so
I'm writing an ext script now, and will probably share the files (such
as they are) with y'all when they're done.

--
--Ben
Benjamin P. August