[hobbit] Graph not shown

Mark Joseph T. Barachina mjb at fcpp.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 25 09:05:25 CET 2008

Hi.

I tried to re configured again the hobbit server and I found an error
pointing to rrdtool upon running the ./configure.

I downloaded and installed the rrdtool package from Sunfreeware site
rrdtool-1.2.19-sol10-x86-local.gz.
Also those package dependencies <libart_lgpl.htm>libart_lgpl, zlib, libpng,
freetype and gcc-3.4.6.

bash-3.00# ./configure

Configuration script for Hobbit

This script asks a few questions and builds a Makefile to compile Hobbit

Checking your make-utility
Checking pre-requisites for building Hobbit

Checking for fping ...
Hobbit has a built-in ping utility (hobbitping)
However, it is not yet fully stable and therefore it
may be best to use the external fping utility instead.
I found fping in /usr/local/sbin/fping
Do you want to use it [Y/n] ?
Checking to see if '/usr/local/sbin/fping 127.0.0.1' works ...
127.0.0.1 is alive
OK, will use '/usr/local/sbin/fping' for ping tests
NOTE: If you are using an suid-root wrapper, make sure the 'hobbit'
       user is also allowed to run fping without having to enter passwords.
       For 'sudo', add something like this to your 'sudoers' file:
       hobbit: ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/local/sbin/fping

Checking for RRDtool ...
test-rrd.c: In function `main':
test-rrd.c:30: error: too few arguments to function `rrd_graph'
make: *** [test-compile] Error 1
Not RRDtool 1.0.x, checking for 1.2.x
Found RRDtool include files in /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/include
Found RRDtool libraries in /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib
Linking RRD with PNG library: -L/usr/lib -lpng

Checking for PCRE ...
Found PCRE include files in /opt/sfw/include
Found PCRE libraries in /opt/sfw/lib

Checking for OpenSSL ...
Found OpenSSL include files in /usr/local/ssl/include
Found OpenSSL libraries in /usr/local/ssl/lib

Hobbit can use the OpenSSL library to test SSL-enabled services
like POP3S, IMAPS, NNTPS and TELNETS. If you have the OpenSSL
library installed, I recommend that you enable this.

Thanks in advance!

-- Mark