[hobbit] email and page alerts

Rebecca Henderson rebecca_henderson at link.freedom.com
Mon Feb 18 22:43:46 CET 2008

:-) thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: hobbit at hswn.dk [mailto:hobbit at hswn.dk]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2008 2:29 AM
To: Rebecca Henderson; hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: RE: [hobbit] email and page alerts

Hi Becki,

I have not played with alerts yet, that's in my list of things to do,
but
I did have the following link stored away:
[ http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/docs/hobbit-alerts.html
]http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/docs/hobbit-alerts.html

and, more importantly for you, the following text:

If you want to test how your alert configuration handles a specific
host,
you can run hobbitd_alert in test mode - you give it a hostname and
servicename as input, and it will go through the configuration and tell
you which rules match and who gets an alert.

	osiris:~ $ cd server/
	osiris:~/server $ ./bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test
osiris.hswn.dk cpu
	Matching host:service:page 'osiris.hswn.dk:cpu:' against rule
line
109:Matched
	    *** Match with 'HOST=*' ***
	Matching host:service:page 'osiris.hswn.dk:cpu:' against rule
line
110:Matched
	    *** Match with 'MAIL henrik at sample.com REPEAT=2 RECOVERED
COLOR=red'
***
	Mail alert with command 'mail -s "BB [12345] osiris.hswn.dk:cpu
is RED" [
mailto:henrik at sample.com' ]henrik at sample.com'

This may help you diagnose the problem.

Good luck,