'hobbitping -Ae' failed - program not suid root?

Graeme Shea graeme at shea.com.au
Mon Feb 18 10:33:47 CET 2008

Hi all,
I have been trying to install the admin scripts (0.3) and now have an alarm
for bbtest and a white dot for conn on the hobbit server itself. The conn
test (Ping) to the other servers at the site are normal. Everything else
seems normal. The error message is

Error output:
Execution of 'hobbitping -Ae' failed - program not suid root?
2008-02-18 20:28:13 Cannot get RAW socket: Operation not permitted

I'm running version 4.2 on Ubuntu 7.1. Could someone point me in the right
direction?

Many thanks

Graeme