[hobbit] email and page alerts

Ward, Martin Martin.Ward at colt.net
Mon Feb 18 11:31:32 CET 2008

Hi Becki,

I have not played with alerts yet, that's in my list of things to do,
but I did have the following link stored away:
http://hobbitmon.sourceforge.net/docs/hobbit-alerts.html

and, more importantly for you, the following text:
If you want to test how your alert configuration handles a specific
host, you can run hobbitd_alert in test mode - you give it a hostname
and servicename as input, and it will go through the configuration and
tell you which rules match and who gets an alert.

	osiris:~ $ cd server/
	osiris:~/server $ ./bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test
osiris.hswn.dk cpu
	Matching host:service:page 'osiris.hswn.dk:cpu:' against rule
line 109:Matched
	    *** Match with 'HOST=*' ***
	Matching host:service:page 'osiris.hswn.dk:cpu:' against rule
line 110:Matched
	    *** Match with 'MAIL henrik at sample.com REPEAT=2 RECOVERED
COLOR=red' ***
	Mail alert with command 'mail -s "BB [12345] osiris.hswn.dk:cpu
is RED" henrik at sample.com'

This may help you diagnose the problem.
Good luck,
|\/|artin