[hobbit] DNS resolution duration

Great D Dilla great.dilla at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:23:47 CET 2008

As for /etc/resolv.conf, if you have more than 1 DNS servers in the network,
putting the following lines "spreads" the load across the servers:
	option timeout:x (x which is in seconds)
	option rotate (not having to always query the first nameserver, but
to rotate the list)

Afterward check if things improve. It did for me before.

Of course, having a local caching DNS daemon will be the best solution.

Hope this helps you out.