[hobbit] Port check from server

Rich Smrcina rsmrcina at wi.rr.com
Fri Feb 8 20:25:45 CET 2008

It pretty much boils down to where you want to test.

The PORT test that I describe runs at the Hobbit client and uses the
Netstat command to show that the listener is posted.  If you believe it,
then all is good.

What Charles describes actually checks the connection from the Hobbit
server to see if something is there.  The rub is, will something
respond... :)

--
Rich Smrcina
VM Assist, Inc.
rich.smrcina at vmassist.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/richsmrcina

Catch the WAVV!  http://www.wavv.org
WAVV 2008 - Chattanooga - April 18-22, 2008