[hobbit] Best way to monitor server in a DMZ ? or remote LAN ?

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Feb 6 13:02:55 CET 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008 13:17:26 L.M.J. wrote:
> > linuxmasterjedi at free.fr a écrit :

> > to monitor hosts in a DMZ, I use Hobbit in "fetch" mode, which works
> > fine.
>
> Alright Frédéric, seems the things I need. Any extra information how to
> get this "fetch" mode working ?

Besides that in the man pages (msgcache(8), hobbitfetch(8), bb-hosts(5)) ?

1)Enable the msgcache task on the clients (in clientlaunch.cfg) in the DMZ,
and set BBDISP to 127.0.0.1 in the client configuration
2)Add the pulldata option to bb-hosts for these clients
3)Enable the hobbitfetch task on the server in hobbitlaunch.cfg

This is relatively obvious from the man pages ...

Regards,
Buchan