Configurable critical view priorities

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Feb 6 12:03:25 CET 2008

I note that ITIL recommends between 3 and 5 levels or priority.

Our company uses 5. Levels 1-3 are severe enough to be displayed on a video
wall. Levels 4 and 5 are for non-impacting issues.

As we will soon be integrating with the system that displays on the video
wall, I really need to be able to use priority levels besides 1-3 (or the
production managers will kill me).

So, it would be nice if NKEDITPRIOLIST could have a configurable limit.

In the mean time I'll patch the hardcoded one in lib/headfoot.c:

                else if (strcmp(t_start, "NKEDITPRIOLIST") == 0) {
                        int i;
                        char *selstr;

                        for (i=1; (i <= 3); i++) {
                                selstr = ((i ==
nkeditprio) ? "SELECTED" : "");
                                fprintf(output, "<option
value=\"%d\" %s>%d</option>\n", i, selstr, i);
                        }
                }

Regards,
Buchan