[hobbit] Iostat and/or Xymon graphing bug.

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Wed Dec 31 00:56:57 CET 2008

Indeed, I agree with you.
I was giving it some thought this morning and came up with a theory.

I have 6 rrd files, with 2 data fields per rrd file.
When deciding how many graphs are needed, does Xymon look at the number of files, or the number of fields to graph?
I suspect the number of fields.
However, when the graphs are drawn, it plots the 3 rrd files per graph. (I believe 4 is the default number datasets per graph)
At this point, it counts the number of rrd files. And 3 translates to 6 data fields on the first graph.
However, Xymon has made provision for 2 graphs, because there are more than 4 datasets.
This would explain the "empty" graph.

Unfortunately, "my C skill" is are a contradiction in terms.
So, like with all modern theories, I leave this one open to the scientific community to either refute or confirm.

Cheers and a happy new year to you all
    Vernon