[hobbit] error in 3510

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Wed Dec 17 12:00:56 CET 2008

What OS is this on, I'm assuming Solaris of some form, would a better method be to setup pfexec / sudo to execute the file rather than setting it setuid root which could be the cause of your issue.

Mike

From: jose erquicia [mailto:mosimodo at gmail.com]
Sent: 17 December 2008 10:51
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] error in 3510

Hi , thanks for the answer.

yes it is an old add-on,

but the curious thing is that it works correctly if i execute it directly in the client .

(debug)

client#  ./bb-3510.pl

only fails executing it normaly(./runclient.sh ....) whe it has to send data to the server ..

the line

$BBHOME/bin/bb $BBDISP \"$LINE\

2008/12/17 Henrik Størner <henrik at hswn.dk>

In <bb4d3cd60812170154o765c0ad9r2e0dfa57e85adbee at mail.gmail.com> "jose erquicia" <mosimodo at gmail.com> writes:

>i have troubles with a client hobbit and an ext monitor for 3510
>(bb-3510fc.pl).
>seems that it needs to be lounched with a setuid (as root), ...allright
>but at the line
> exec "$BBHOME/bin/bb $BBDISP \"$LINE\"";

>i get this error:
>Insecure dependency in exec while running with -T switch at /dev/fd/4 line
>269
>Something with perl?

Yep, Perl issue

>delete this hobbit client  and install a big brother one  ?

Just for the record, bb-3510fc.pl isn't a Hobbit client - it's
an add-on script which is developed independently. And it's
actually an older Big Brother add-on (from www.deadcat.net <http://www.deadcat.net/> ).

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.