[hobbit] Hobbit client not showing status on the hobbit server page

Brian Catlin bcatlin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 02:07:25 CET 2008

Had same issue with SuSE SLES10 = thanks to some of the folks here learned
about option in the runclient.sh script  - the Linux clients only send short
name and needed FQN on server side.  Solution is to completely kill off
client processes completely, then restart with the --hostname="whatevr.host
is"  (check the script for proper syntax - don't have it handy here at home)

My thanks to those who helped me out with suggestions -- been running solid
for 2 weeks now.  Now we will see if it behaves on RHEL 5!!!! (just got
assigned 2 VMs using RHEL5 = RSA products ONLY support Redhat Linux
officially - they refuse any other Linux build support - at least they still
support Solaris)

lurch at inorbit.com