[hobbit] rrd graphing questions - how to ignore items?

Brand, Thomas R. TRBrand at cvs.com
Mon Dec 15 23:10:49 CET 2008

Thanks for the info Stef.  I've figured out a few more things too....

Turns out a lot of my problems were caused by three reasons:

1) as you state, I had to remove the existing mysql.rrd file

2) one of the NCV records contained a '%' in the name...
eg: 'Buffer Pool %' which caused nothing to be graphed; the values in
the rrd file (as shown by rrdtool dump mySQL.rrd were 'NAN'

3) I also found out that one must mention ALL the named values being
sent up by the client, in hobbitserver.cfg.  If the value is not to be
graphed, one can use the flag "NONE"

example:
NCV_mysql="Threads:GAUGE,SlowQueries:GAUGE,OpenTables:GAUGE,FlushTables:
NONE,Questions:NONE,Opens:NONE,AvgQuerysPerSecond:NONE"

I now have three values graphed and the rest are only displayed in the
text area -- not graphed.

Which is what I was looking for :)

Thanks for the help,
Tom