Would xymon survive?

michael nemeth michael.nemeth at lmco.com
Fri Dec 12 14:02:23 CET 2008

I gave I high successful  Xymon presentation that got me management
support to have it evaluated by
a larger group of people . Actually the management support was very strong !

One Sysadmin, expressed the worry that since xymon is basic a one
programmer product what
would happen if Henrik could no  longer support  it.   I  told them
about  the  movement  for
more than one programer to support it via the Subversion archive on
Sourceforge,

Still if Henrik was gone would some one support it? Would Henrik company
allow  outsider
to maintain it.  Ok, in other words would xymon survive?

As an aside I ran across a free product yesterday (don't remember what)
that would sell
a commercial license , that was basically a disclaimed for commpany that
just HAD to
have commercial licenses.   Might not be a bad idea Henrik?