Last chance to test 4.2.2 before release

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Dec 10 22:20:06 CET 2008

I have no further bugfixes lined up for 4.2.2, so this is the last chance
to do any testing before it is officially released - which I plan to
do this coming week-end.

So the adventurous ones are very welcome to grab the current branch
https://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.2
and try out the code now. If you don't feel like getting a Subversion
client up and running, a plain tar-file is available at
http://hobbitmon.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/hobbitmon/branches/4.2.2.tar.gz?view=tar

The changes since RC1 are:

Merged:
* Devmon patch from trunk
* hobbitping endless loop on network send failure - backport from trunk
* Darwin user-info query by configure scrips.
  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/02/msg00173.html
* Limit size of alert-message texts sent to a script to 4 KB.
  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/01/msg00015.html
* Fix 64-bit bug in acknowledgement log scanning.
  http://www.hobbitmon.com/hobbiton/2008/09/msg00038.html
* Prepare for using newer versions of C-ARES - backport changes from trunk.
* Several NCV bug fixes from Graham Nayler: Accept signed values,
  fix potential crashes and memory leak, skip over &COLOR text in
  front of dataset-names.
  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/12/msg00011.html
* BBWin clock-parsing fix from Graham Nayler to make CLOCK checks work
  with BBWin 0.12 clients running in centralized mode.
* FIXED: min/max duration of alerts on info page. NOTE: The solution
  given in http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/11/msg00415.html is not correct.
* Missing footer-files added.

Not merged:
* IGNORE pattern problem.
  http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2008/11/msg00416.html
  I cannot reproduce this. The current code has some extra debugging
  built into it, so if it shows up elsewhere there's a better chance
  of figuring out what is happening.