[hobbit] bb-display and bbproxy

Thomas Kähn tk at westend.com
Tue Dec 2 08:56:00 CET 2008

Hi SebA,

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 02:49:27PM -0000, SebA wrote:
> Thomas Kähn <mailto:tk at westend.com> wrote:
> > Can you give me a short notice on how to configure bbproxy/hobbitd
> > in order to have a normal Hobbit server running which in addition
> > sends all messages to another Hobbit server? Do I have to set
> > different port numbers for hobbitd and bbproxy? I've already tried
> > to set bbproxy to 1985 which resulted in the problem described above.
> >
> > Best regards
> > Thomas
>
> My entry for bbproxy in hobbitlaunch.cfg is like this:
> CMD $BBHOME/bin/bbproxy --hobbitd --bbdisplay=<other IP
> address(es)>,127.0.0.1 --listen=0.0.0.0:1985 --report=$MACHINE.bbproxy
> --no-daemon --pidfile=$BBSERVERLOGS/bbproxy.pid #--log-details
> And hobbitserver.cfg:
> BBDISPLAYS="127.0.0.1 <other IP address(es)>"	# IP of multiple hobbit/bbd
> servers. If used, BBDISP must be 0.0.0.0
>
> Which alarms exactly are not being forwarded?

I forgot to add 127.0.0.1 to the list of BBDISPLAYS. This could have
solved my problem. However the setup has been altered and currently
there is no forwarding to main Hobbit planned anymore.

Thanks for your response. I keep it in mind in case I have to configure
a similar setup again.

Best regards
Thomas
--
Thomas Kähn                        NetCologne
Network Engineering & Design       Gesellschaft für Telekommunikation mbH