[hobbit] configuration of bbwin clients in Hobbit

Chris Strzelczyk chris4136 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 18:16:54 CEST 2008

Hello, I am having a really hard time getting Hobbit to ignore Windows error
log messages.  I searched the groups and can not find an answer that differs
from my setup.  Yet it does not work for me.

Also, does anyone have the CLASS=win32 feature to work.  Currently I am
filtering by hostnames, but I would like to filter by CLASS.  I have the
following in my files.

bb-hosts:
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   stfwin6 # COMMENT:"WINDOWS TESTING SERVER"

My client-local.cfg:

[stfwin6]
log:system
ignore TermServDevices

[win32]

My hobbit-clients.cfg:

HOST=stfwin6
        LOG %.* %WARNING  COLOR=yellow
        LOG %.* %ERROR  COLOR=yellow

In client-local.cfg I tried the log keyword as well as the eventlog keyword.

Thank You
-cs
On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 7:53 AM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcgraw at purdue.edu>wrote:

> Anna,
>
> I have not had good luck using class names so I have stayed with using host
> name. Make sure that your hostname of the same class comes before the class
> name. Ever which one it finds first that is the one it will use. So if you
> have an empty class name and a host name of the same class comes after the
> class name nothing will happen.
>

> So here is my client-local.cfg I have
>

> [hostname.xxx.purdue.edu]
> file:c:\Alligate\Digests\.Red_If_Digest_Did_Not_Run.txt
> eventlog:Application
> ignore information
> ignore success
> ignore message could not be scanned
> ignore Error occurred in Scanning
> eventlog:Security
> ignore information
> ignore success
> ignore MAILRELAY Error Code: 0x0
> eventlog:System
> ignore information
> ignore success
>
> and my hobbit-client.cfg
>
> HOST=hostname.xxx.purdue.edu
>    UP 30m 1w
>    LOAD 40.0 70.0
>    DISK * 90 95
>    FILE c:\Alligate\Digests\.Red_If_Digest_Did_Not_Run.txt red CTIME<100800
>    LOG %.* %WARNING  COLOR=yellow
>    LOG %.* %ERROR  COLOR=red
>    PROC AGDigestSvc.exe  1 1
>    PROC AgDomSvc.exe  1 1
>
> In my use I have found that the epoch time is not calculated correctly. It
> seems that it will take the local time to calculate GMT and not adjust for
> the time zone.
>
> I have document this in the BBWIN mail list.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Robert

Chris Strzelczyk
GCS Real Estate
Real Estate Investment and Management
(586) 770-9544
(248) 944-0506 (Business Hours Office Phone)
chris at gcsrealestate.com