hobbitdboard report

mario andre rower.master at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 17:10:44 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm using the bb command to extract all my machines disk information with
the command:

/home/mon/server/bin/bb x.x.x.x "hobbitdboard test=disk
fields=hostname,testname,msg" > out.disk

I have a column test called "bkp_disk" and when I run the line above the
information from this test "bkp_disk" appears on the report of the
hobbitdboard instead of only the "disk" column, the 2 "tests" appears.

Another thing that I'm trying is to change the output of the hobbitdboard
msg. In the manual of bb we have :
The  ackmsg,  dismsg and msg fields have certain characters encoded: Newline
is "\n", TAB is "\t",
              carriage return is "\r", a pipe-sign is "\p", and a backslash
is "\\".
My question is if there is a way to sed, read, or "decode" the "\n" to the
newline format?

Thanks in advance,

Mario.