CLASS= not working in hobbit_clients.cfg as documented?

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Sat Apr 26 00:05:10 CEST 2008

Running Hobbit 4.2.0 with allinone patch on CentOS 4 i386...

I have been trying to get CLASS: definitions to work with client_local
and hobbit_clients configurations, with partial success.  It works well
with the client_local configurations, but seemingly not at all with
lines in hobbit_clients.cfg.

I have a host in bb-hosts defined like the following:
10.1.1.1   owl   # CLASS:test   conn ssh

I've added a definition in hobbit_clients.cfg like the following:
HOST=owl
    PROC portmap
    PROC /sbin/mingetty   CLASS=test

(This is actually an add to an existing definition as a proof of concept).
However, the monitoring for mingetty never shows up.  Have also tried
moving the CLASS= to the HOST= line, and seems to prevent the entry from
being seen at all.

Does anyone have any experience with CLASS= working in
hobbit_clients.cfg?  It's documented to be there, but does not seem to
pick up on any of the CLASS: definitions I've tried in bb-hosts.
Thanks in advance for any advice or experiences.
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Integration and Administration
<asparks at doublesparks.net>