Flooding hobbit

Everett, Vernon Vernon.Everett at woodside.com.au
Fri Apr 18 03:03:56 CEST 2008

Hi all

Hoping somebody has encountered this before.
We have put BBWin on a few Windoze servers, but one of the, a DC, has a
HUGE event log.
So large, that hobbit is freaking out, and doing the "Data flooding from
1.2.3.4, closing connection" thing.

I know this is hobbit protecting iteself from a DOS attack, but is there
a way around this?
Can I somehow tell hobbit not to do this for that IP address?

Unfortunately, because of its function, we can't reduce the logging on
the Windoze server, so we need to either
    a) get hobbit to handle the problem (desirable solution)
    b) get bbwin to truncate the event log (less desirable)

Anybody seen this problem before?
Any ideas?

Regards
    Vernon

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are confidential.
They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You must not read, copy, use or
disclose them without authorisation. If you are not an
intended recipient, please contact us at once by return
email and then delete both messages and all attachments.