[hobbit] Email alerts question

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Fri Sep 7 18:37:27 CEST 2007

I accomplished something similar (integrating Big Brother with Request
Tracker) where Hobbit would send (a copy of) alert messages to my
ticketing system, and it would automatically open a ticket. If a
recovery message arrived, the ticketing system would mark the ticket as
auto-resolved and close it.  If a sysadmin wanted to "grab" a ticket,
they could and hold it open or put comments etc. This also allowed
management to use the ticketing systems built-in reporting functionality
to see how many hobbit alerts there were, how many recovered on their
own, etc.  I posted the plugin script I made for RT to the list, if you
use the search function you should be able to find it if you are interested.

P.S. The script did indeed use the alert ID to reference the origional
alert when a recovery message was received...at the time I was using BB
which included the id in recovery messages as well, which seems to have
changed in Hobbit.

-Charles