Monitoring file: Permission denied

Andreas Kuntzagk andreas.kuntzagk at mdc-berlin.de
Tue Sep 4 16:44:40 CEST 2007

Hi,

I asked that already before but since I got no answer I will try to
rephrase it:

I try to monitor existance of a file on clients.
I put a file:<path-to-file> entry in client-local.cfg and also FILE
<path-to-file> in hobbit-clients.cfg

It looks like hobbit is also aware of the need to monitor a file. The
file column changed from grey to green. If I click on it, my file is
shown as green. But when I click on this green icon, I get

[file:/home/BIO/DO_NOT_DELETE]
ERROR: No such file or directory

When I look at the clients this file is readable by the hobbit user.

So what can produce this strange error? Why is the file column still green?
Where can I look for additional info about what's going on?
I already looked at the help pages, man pages, wiki but probably missed
the important part.

Andreas