[hobbit] New to Hobbit --- file monitoring

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Oct 31 22:33:03 CET 2007

On Wednesday 31 October 2007 22:47:22 Stef Coene wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Hubbard, Greg L wrote:
> > How long did you wait?  It takes a bit (10 minutes or more) for changes
> > in client-local.cfg to propagate to the clients (they have to detect the
> > change, and then pull it in, then act on it, and this takes a couple of
> > poll cycles).
>
> I tried to set up file monitoring today and after 1hr, I fixed it by
> restarting the hobbit server.  Not reloading, restarting.  So, restart your
> hobbit server after you changed the config files and the change is not
> detected.

I've also seen some cases where I need a restart for a threshold to be picked
up, but I can't remember needing it for a change in client-local.cfg. So far
it looks only like it happens when change where a hosts threshold
configuration is (e.g. when adding a new HOST= section where the host was
previously catered to by the DEFAULT).

Regards,
Buchan