[hobbit] config report (critical)

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Wed Oct 31 22:26:15 CET 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 06:51:09 Ryan Jay B. Lapuz wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I added some hosts and services as critical systems and its working as
> expected. However, when I click Config report (critical), it says "0 hosts
> included". What seems to  be the problem?

But, if you select the "Config report", you will notice your critical services
have their details for the critical systems in the NK column.

> I have Hobbit 4.2.0 w/ all-in-one patch installed in Fedora core 6 (1.60
> GHzX2, 1 GB of RAM, 80 GB of HDD)

Yes, I've been irritated (but not enough to report this) by this bug too, it
makes it difficult to tell other groups to "ensure your critical services are
on the critical systems view".

(Running on RHEL4 on an HP DL380G4, 4.2.0 w/ all-in-one from about a year
ago).

I think there are a few other problems with the config report:
1)Uses an "NK" column (maybe it should just be "Critical").
2)"cpu"/"swap" thresholds aren't correct (don't match entries from
hobbit-clients.cfg)
3)procs configuration seems to just list output from current procs test, not
thresholds (if they have been changed since the client last reported)

Regards,
Buchan