Using the depends tag

Michael A. Price mprice at sgt-inc.com
Tue Oct 30 13:18:36 CET 2007

Am I doing this wrong????

I have two hosts on the same network, if one goes down. The other will
be down also because of a switch issue. I don't want to receive two
alerts. So I wrote in the depends tag, is this correct format???

192.168.192.20          toronto         # trace conn

192.168.192.21          oriole           # trace conn
depends=(conn:toronto/conn)

If toronto is down and oriole is down, I just one one email alert.

Thanks for the help, michael

________________________________

"Les informations contenues dans ce message electronique peuvent etre de
nature confidentielles et soumises a une obligation de secret. Elles
sont destinees a l'usage exclusif du reel destinataire. Si vous n'etes
pas le reel destinataire, ou si vous recevez ce message par erreur,
merci de le detruire immediatement et de le notifier a son emetteur."

"The information contained in this e-mail may be privileged and
confidential. It is intended for the exclusive use of the designated
recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient or if you
receive this e-mail in error, please delete it and immediately notify
the sender."