[hobbit] hobbit-clients.cfg not working?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Oct 30 12:44:16 CET 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 02:18:19PM +0200, Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> Server has disk with oracle data store, is always on 99%
> and swap (this is normal for these hosts is always between 50 and 60
>
> modified hobbit-clients.cfg to say
>
> HOST=cypher
>        DISK    /data2 IGNORE
>        DISK    /data3 IGNORE
>        DISK    /data4 IGNORE
>
> HOST=brown,crusher,cypher
>        MEMSWAP 60 80

First, you ARE running the Hobbit client on cypher, right?

If you're using the original Big Brother client, then the client
configuration is stored on the client, and modifying the
hobbit-clients.cfg file on the Hobbit server has no effect.

If you're using the Hobbit client, then your "disk" status column must
have a "Client data" link near the bottom of the webpage, right above
the disk graph.

Could you try dumping the hobbit-clients.cfg file so we can have a look
at how it is parsed ? Run the command "bbcmd hobbitd_client --test" and
at the prompt enter a '?':

$ bbcmd hobbitd_client --test
2007-10-30 12:39:28 Using default environment file /usr/lib/hobbit/server/etc/hobbitserver.cfg
Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) []: ?
DISK / 50% 60% 0 -1 red HOST=redhat (line: 350)
DISK / 70% 80% 0 -1 red HOST=mail (line: 353)
UP 3600 -1 (line: 357)
LOAD 5.00 10.00 (line: 358)
DISK / 85% 90% 0 -1 red (line: 359)
DISK *IGNORE (line: 360)
MEMREAL 100 101 (line: 361)
MEMSWAP 50 80 (line: 362)
MEMACT 90 97 (line: 363)

After that, try the specific test for cypher:

Hostname (.=end, ?=dump, !=reload) []: cypher
Hosttype []:
Test (cpu, mem, disk, proc, log, port): disk
Filesystem: /data2
Yellow at 50%, red at 60%