[hobbit] problem with CLASS definition

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Wed Oct 10 20:18:41 CEST 2007

I did some poking around, and as far as I can tell, the problem is due
to hobbitclient.cfg overriding the CONFIGCLASS variable.
Here are some snippets from runclient.sh:

--class=*)
                CONFIGCLASS="`echo $1 | sed -e 's/--class=//' | tr
'[A-Z]' '[a-z]'`"

export MACHINE MACHINEDOTS BBOSTYPE BBOSSCRIPT HOBBITCLIENTHOME CONFIGCLASS

hobbitclient.cfg contains this:
./hobbitclient.cfg:CONFIGCLASS="$BBOSTYPE"         # Default
configuration class for logfiles

hobbitclient.sh uses the CONFIGCLASS variable when sending the client
message:
./bin/hobbitclient.sh:echo "client $MACHINE.$BBOSTYPE $CONFIGCLASS"  >>
$MSGTMPFILE

Heres the actual client message header Im sending (not that CONFIGCLASS
is being set to "linux" instead of the specified class:
client host-app-23.linux linux

-Charles