[hobbit] Project Status

Alan Sparks asparks at doublesparks.net
Wed Oct 10 00:32:08 CEST 2007

Chris Strzelczyk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My name is Chris.  I manage around 50 clients for my company which are
> being monitored by the free version of Big Brother currently.  I would
> like to move my monitoring over to the GPL Hobbit version.  Before I
> do so, I wanted to obtain a status of the release.  I noticed that CVS
> has been inactive on sourceforge lately.  Is this project currently
> being developed?  Is there a release plan anywhere on the site?

Don't know if you received an answer to your question, but yes, Hobbit
is an active project.  The mailing list is active, and the tool is very
much alive, used, and supported.  It monitors 2000+ hosts at my business.
It may not look active from a release standpoint, but there is a planned
4.3 release soon.  But 4.2 is a solid thing.
-Alan

--
Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Integration and Administration
<asparks at doublesparks.net>