Hobbit http check - strange behaviour!?

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:02:17 CEST 2007

There is one host that is checked by our Hobbit server (4.2.0-with
patches) and now and then the http-check for that host fails. However,
on the monitor server the output turns up to be YELLOW although each
of the 5  tested URL's have a failed condition (status RED):

[snip]
Wed Sep 26 13:47:46 2007: Server timeout ; Server timeout ; Server
timeout ; Server timeout ; Server timeout

 http://some.url/ - Server timeout

Seconds:    10.74

 http://some.url/ - Server timeout

Seconds:    10.74

 http://some.url/ - Server timeout

Seconds:    10.74

 http://some.url/ - Server timeout

Seconds:    10.74

 http://some.url/ - Server timeout

Seconds:    10.74
[snip]

Now I guess it might has something to do with the checked client, but
I do not understand Hobbit's respones?! Could it be Apache in the
midst of dying, but somehow still alive? Or...?

Any hints?

Thanks,  Peter