[hobbit] linecount?????

Trent Melcher trent.melcher at sitel.com
Fri Oct 5 15:09:07 CEST 2007

THis is from the man page

COUNTING LOGENTRIES
A special type of log-handling is possible, where the number of lines
matching a regular expressions are merely counted. This is
linecount:FILENAME, followed by a number of lines of the form
ID:PATTERN. E.g.

    linecount:/var/log/messages

    diskerrors:I/O error.*device.*hd

    badlogins:Failed login

Looks like your format for the patterns you want to match isnt correct

Trent