[hobbit] Using enable/disable administration

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Oct 5 09:49:56 CEST 2007

On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 08:45:54PM -0400, Josh Luthman wrote:
> I disabled three hosts and disabled all tests performed on them.  I waited a
> good 5m (certain it went through the 1m page rebuild time) and it doesn't
> appear to look any different - now my assumption is that it will only
> prevent notifications, is this true?

The status icons for these hosts should turn blue when you disable them.

> I also tried doing this command and got some odd errors:
>
> [shire at frodo bin]$ /home/shire/server/bin/bbcmd 127.0.0.1 "disable host.mydomain.com 15"

This is wrong; "bbcmd" by itself just sets up the environment for
another command, which it then executes. There's no command called
"127.0.0.1".

> [shire at frodo bin]$ /home/shire/server/bin/bbcmd bin/bb 127.0.0.1 "disable Kancharla-nullbox.imaginenetx.com -1"

Again, this is wrong - but for a different reason: You're already in the
"bin" directory (at least, that's what your commandline prompt
indicates), so the command should just be "bb" - not "bin/bb".

> Which of the two is correct, and what is the purpose of the bin/bb that was
> mentioned in a previous support issue.

"bb" sends the message to the Hobbit daemon. The correct command you
should use is
$ /home/shire/server/bin/bbcmd bb 127.0.0.1 "disable Kancharla-nullbox.imaginenetx.com -1"