[hobbit] Hobbit in Debian

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Mon Oct 1 13:49:50 CEST 2007

On Friday 28 September 2007 11:52:49 Christoph Berg wrote:
> Re: Henrik Stoerner 2007-09-12 <20070912194736.GE22137 at hswn.dk>
>
> > thank You very much! I had been hoping someone would volunteer to be
> > the Debian package maintainer, so this is very much appreciated.
>
> Hi Henrik,
>
> sorry for the late answer, I should move this mailbox to a more
> prominent place in mutt.
>
> > > There's also a hobbit-plugins package, but so far it only contains 2
> > > plugins (an "apt" check, and a related check for upgraded libs still
> > > linked to running processes).
> > >
> > > http://packages.qa.debian.org/h/hobbit-plugins.html
> >
> > Good idea to put this in a separate package.
>
> The main "feature" I introduced here is a /etc/hobbit/clientlaunch.d/
> directory where hobbit-plugins puts *.cfg files. It would be nice if
> "include" directories supported wildcards, at the moment the init
> script does something like "ls -1 /etc/hobbit/clientlaunch.d/*.cfg >
> /var/run/hobbit/clientlaunch-include.cfg" which is then included.

I (maintainer of Hobbit for Mandriva) originally requested a feature like
this, which Hendrik implemented using the "directory" directive, which will
include all files in the directory (although I would have preferred a glob,
to avoid /etc/hobbit/hobbitlaunch.d/somecheck.cfg.rpmnew,
or /etc/hobbit/hobbitlaunch.d/somecheck.cfg~ being read and leaving the admin
wondering why his new settings aren't applied).

In our packages, I ship both hobbitlaunch.cfg and clientlaunch.cfg with:
directory /etc/hobbit/hobbitlaunch.d

since then one can be sure that client-side extensions will run on the hobbit
server if installed and enabled by default.

Regards,
Buchan