[hobbit] CPU Utilization, Not Good

Hubbard, Greg L greg.hubbard at eds.com
Fri Nov 30 19:01:39 CET 2007

The agent may be using top to get an average across the entire sample
period (300 seconds).  When you run top interactively you are seeing a
shorter sample.  But I think there is some "smoothing" in top to begin
with.  To add some extra zest, the RRD tool also applies some
normalization of its own to the data as it comes in.

To really answer your question, though, you should look at the source to
see what parameters Hobbit is using for top, then you can compare the
"raw" output with what is getting graphed.

GLH