[hobbit] all rrd graphing not working

Joe Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Tue Nov 27 04:41:40 CET 2007

Josh Luthman wrote:
> I have no experience in Suse what so ever so forgive my ignorance here.
>
> You said you have to fix blatant redhat-isms - is this on
> Suse/FC/CentOS?  What purpose is this package?

This is on suse (both sles and opensuse) - centos is an rhel knockoff so
there should be no problem there, and fedora is a close relative.

> Out of curiosity, does Suse use RPMs?

Suse uses rpms, but the filesystem layout is not identical to redhat.

So, when you compile and install a source rpm made specifically for
redhat on a suse system, there can be a few things out of whack. I had
to move some files around, and add symlinks to create rc files for
start/stop of hobbit.

But, once that is done, it all seems to run beautifully.

Joe