[hobbit] Hobbit CONN questions

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Fri Nov 23 01:02:49 CET 2007

ARP can't be the problem - ARP will cache the result for 2 minutes and clear
it if unused.  If the result is used and is valid again within the 2
minutes, it is cached for 10 minutes.  Hobbit polls every 30-45 seconds so
ARP is not a problem.

Having switch from using hobbitping to fping I think the graphs are going to
look far superior now.  Things on the same switch are no longer 30ms but 1ms
=)

I now understand why there are warnings not to use hobbitping, but I don't
understand how the command line is getting such normal results while the
graphs are getting such high results.  Does anyone know why this is?

Josh

--
Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340