[hobbit] restricting access to hobbit

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 16:37:32 CET 2007

This is correct and I expect this part to work. But all the tools bypass
this security. For example, If you run an sla report, it builds a new
directory structure and hence the user that ran the report can see
everything from the top level down. Also, the enable/disable menu option
lets you see all hosts, same with findhost or even if you muck around with
the hostsvc URL.

I was wondering if there was some way of either wrapping this functionality
with something that restricts the hosts (like as if bbhostgrep is used as
the input to all these functions or something).

Has anyone achieved this or is it not possible without changing the source?

Phil

--
Tel: 0400 466 952
Fax: 0433 123 226