restricting access to hobbit

Phil Wild philwild at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 05:56:18 CET 2007

Hello,

I am looking at setting up hobbit to manage two groups of hosts. I would
prefer to just deploy one hobbit installation for both groups. For most of
the hobbit web pages, Apache security solves a lot of the browsing issues
but the cgi-bin executables and menus are the problem.

I want to make sure one group don't have access to see or make changes to
the other groups hosts.

The areas I see a problem with are:

hobbit-enadis.sh
bb-findhost.sh
hobbit-confreport.sh

I would like to restrict the above to only work with a subset of hosts
(perhaps a tag in the bbhosts file)

The reports generate web pages on the fly and drop the user at the top level
page which is not what I would prefer (each group have their own top level
page etc.)

All nongreen view is also an issue

and lastly, manually modifying the URL based on bb-hostsvc.sh to get to a
web page for a host in the other groups list is also a problem.

Any ideas how I can address this?

Thanks

Phil