[hobbit] Extend Hobbit server from external Company sites

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Tue Nov 6 22:02:19 CET 2007

On Tuesday 06 November 2007, johan.boye at latecoere.fr wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I'm running a Hobbit server on a place A. There, it monitors a couple
> of servers, databases, filers...
>   I would like to run another Hobbit server on a place B to monitor
> machines on the B place.
>   Is there a way to give feedback to the A-Hobbit server if there are
> red errors on the B-Hobbit server ?
We have hobbit servers running at our customer data centers.  The central
hobbit server in our office polls every 5 minute the remote hobbit server.
This is a custom script that does a wget from the web page and looks for the
background color.  The status is reported to the central hobbit server.
I polls different pages on the remote hobbit servers so I have a line per
customer and columns are each time a page on the remote hobbit server.  I
have column "global" (this is the bb2 page), a column production, test,
oracle.

Stef