[hobbit] big brother replacement

Sloan joe at tmsusa.com
Mon Nov 5 19:21:11 CET 2007

Josh Luthman wrote:
> I really like this mailing list - you learn quite a bit even just by
> reading the questions of others.  I'm the only system administrator
> around here so I need a shoulder to lean on every once and a while!
>
> Are you saying you've used BB so much that you know it too well and
> need a replacement?  Sounds kind of backwards to me =P

Haha, what I mean is, big brother is showing it's age, and getting
harder to support as time goes by, simply by virtue of the fact that the
code is slowly rotting. But we can't just make a clean sweep - so much
now depends on the way big brother behaves, that the replacement needs
to be able to act identically to big brother.

Joe