[hobbit] big brother replacement

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Fri Nov 2 00:57:05 CET 2007

That would be relative to Hobbit's bbtest I believe - someone correct me if
I'm wrong, I'm just guessing here!

I don't see any reason to think that script wouldn't work with some variable
changes like BBNET=`$GREP BBNET $BBHOSTS | $GREP "^[0-9]" | $GREP -v "^\#"`
but I am not an expert by any means!

Getting back to the version 3.3 - after 1.9btf Quest starting selling the
product.  I don't know the exact history behind it but 1.9btf is what you
get without paying for anything.  I have worked with and continue to monitor
a network with 3.1 or 3.2 (they decided to revert from 3.3 as it looks quite
a bit different on the BBDISPLAY) and I honestly don't see what they've
changed between 1.9 and 3.2.  Most of the features of BB I heard of or read
were not only already in Hobbit but were even better then what I had heard.
Not to mention the dozens of BB scripts that can be relatively painless to
migrate.

Josh