[hobbit] Keeping menus viewable

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Thu Nov 1 07:08:35 CET 2007

Finally got some time while waiting on Windows servers to do what they do
best.  Suck.

Using CSS the javascript menus stay in the top left corner this way:

vim server/web/bb_footer  -- now add a div tag:

<!-- menu script itself. you should not modify this file -->
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"
src="&BBMENUSKIN/menu.js"></script>
<!-- items structure. menu hierarchy and links are stored there -->
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"
src="&BBMENUSKIN/menu_items.js"></script>
<!-- files with geometry and styles structures -->
<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript"
src="&BBMENUSKIN/menu_tpl.js"></script>
        new menu (MENU_ITEMS, MENU_POS);
</script>

(Note that bb2_footer was a symlink to bb_footer for me)

Now for the CSS to be included vim server/web/bb_header and bb2_header in
the bottom inside of the HEAD add:

                #menunomove
                {
                        position: fixed;
                        left: 1px;
                        top: 1px;
                }

After adding that section of code to the two header files and the tag wraps
in the footer give it some time to rewrite bb.html and bb2.html.

This works perfectly for me!  Note that the left: and top: were there from
the tutorial, commenting them broke it.

Josh