[hobbit] Custom graphs: Changing default "Last 48 hours" timeframe

David Gilmore david at stenhouseconsulting.com
Wed May 30 20:26:13 CEST 2007

David,

Not sure if this helps you, but I change my graphs to reflect 24h, 7d, 30d, and 365d using this info below:

I don't know if that could be done in a config file, but it certainly can be done by altering the source. Take a look at hobbitd/hobbitgraph.c. Near the top there's a bunch of defines that tell rrdtool how to select the data:
#define HOUR_GRAPH "e-48h"
#define DAY_GRAPH "e-12d"
#define WEEK_GRAPH "e-48d"
#define MONTH_GRAPH "e-576d"
"e-48h" means "end-of-data minus 48 hours", which is the start of the range, the end of the range being the end of the data. Change those numbers to whatever suits you best - i.e. e-24h, e-7d, e-30d & e-365d.
You'll also want to look further down for blocks like this:
if (strcmp(val, "hourly") == 0) {
period = HOUR_GRAPH;
persecs = 48*60*60;
gtype = strdup(val);
glegend = "Last 48 Hours";
}
and fix those up. I guess that would be:
persecs = 24*60*60;
and
glegend = "Last 24 Hours";
for the 24 hour graph. Similarly for DAY_GRAPH, WEEK_GRAPH & MONTH_GRAPH. Go back up to the main source directory and re-run make, then copy hobbitd/hobbitgraph.cgi over to hobbit's server/bin directory.
Seems to work fine for me - I might even keep it like this... :)
Ralph Mitchell

Regards,

David