[hobbit] Moving RRDs from one version of rrdtool to another

Charles Goyard charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com
Tue May 29 17:56:03 CEST 2007

Charles Jones wrote :

> * Now I am assuming that the problem is the difference in the rrdtool
> versions.  I don't really want to roll back to an older version on the
> linux box.

Hi,

I had the same problem, the cause is that Sparc and Intel/PC hardware
have different endianess.

What I did is what you suggest, dump, copy, restore. The trick is you
have to restore on the target host. Installing two versions of rrdtool
on the solaris box won't do.

Charles Goyard - charles.goyard at orange-ftgroup.com - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31
Orange Business Services - online multimedia  // ingénierie